Monday, November 9, 2009

Abortion... Yes or No?

I agree with you that abortion should not become illegal. My reason for this is what if someone ended up getting raped and got pregnant? I would fully support that person getting an abortion if she wanted one. In the case if someone who was just being careless and stupid and ended up getting pregnant, I also feel that they have the right to have an abortion because what if this person is unable to care for a child right now? Would you want to know that the child is suffering greatly because their parent could support them? But at the same time I feel that there should be a time limit in a pregnancy where one can deem if it is not okay to have an abortion. I full support having an abortion within the first trimester but when you start getting to the second, that’s when I get a little iffy. And for the third trimester I would say you gone this far already you might as well have. None the less by this point in time the child is pretty much fully developed. I also agree with you, Nicole, on how you feel about President Obama’s remark about abortion. I just feel like what he had to say was extremely, poorly put together. When I read it I had to go back and read it a couple of more times to see if he really associated opposing aborting with terrorism. I personally support abortion to the end and I’m glad to see how respectful you are of other people’s opinions in you post.

1 comment: